Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Mini LUSH Spa Night!

Hello Upsessers! So the other night me and my best friend went to LUSH and purchased a few things to have a mini pampering spa night! And I have to say a few glasses of wine and face masks later we were definitely feeling like pampered princesses! 
The first thing I purchased was the Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask. This mask, according to Lush's website and wonderful employee that helped me, is a balancing mask for all skin types. What attracted me to this mask was the fact that is was exfoliating with the help of the ground almonds inside. The mask's other active ingredients is kaolin which helps to tighten pores, and the mask also has honey which acts as a natural moisturizer. BONUS: It was only $6.95 a jar and there is enough in there for atleast 3 masks! (fyi needs to be refrigerated) 
Lush's website also goes on to say "We blend fresh seaweed to nourish and soften with 100% pure French lavender oil to balance an oily T-zone and ease any inflammation. Use Love Lettuce for bright, fresh skin that glows from the inside out." about the mask! I would give this three thumbs up if I had enough hands! A must try for anyone since it caters to any skin type. 
Now this next product I purchased because I have only been hearing every youtube guru I follow rave about it for forever! And that product is the BUBBLEGUM LIP SCRUB. I love everything about this the sweet smell, the great bubblegum taste (yes you can lick it off your lips safely), and the cute girly pink color! This sugary scrub def does the trick to gently exfoliate dead dry skin off of any chapped winter lips! This will definitely be included in my weekly skin routine for sure! I can't wait to try the other flavors too! $9.95 for a 0.8 oz jar!  
Lastly the very nice sales girl gave me a sample of the Dark Angels Face Wash because I was on the fence whether I wanted to try it or not. I have to say it is a very nice face wash/soap but I don't think it was really suited for my skin type. When doing a little more research about it on Lush's website I found it is geared towards oily skin and I have more normal-dry skin; so I feel this dried me out a little bit because I didn't have that much excess oil to remove. With saying that I would most certainly recommend this to someone who does have oily skin because it definitely does remove the pesky oil all the while exfoliating away dead skin. Lush's website also states to use this one in shower as it can get "quite messy" which I agree with 110%, since there were black crumbles all over my girlfriend's bathroom afterwards lol! $28.95 for a 8.8 oz jar!  

Love Lettuce Mask, Bubblegum Lip Scrub, Dark Angels sample
Love Lettuce Mask (green), Bubblegum Lip Scrub (pink), Dark Angels sample (black cube)
Love Lettuce Mask swatch grainy almonds for exfoliation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment