Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

6Contour Blush Palette Coastal Scents Review!

Hello Upsessers! Sorry for being so absent but I am back and working hard to bring you a ton of new posts! So to kick it off I thought I would start with Coastal Scents 6Contour Blush Palette. 
Now I have to say I was a little put off by some of the chalky textures of certain colors in this palette just because I have such high respect for their eyeshadow. But besides the texture I was very pleased with pigmentation and coverage. 
This palette includes One Translucent Powder, I use it as a setting powder and you might be able to get away with it as a subtle highlight powder.( I did not include this is the swatches for obvious reasons of it being translucent) 
The next color is a light flesh colored powder with yellow undertones, this color has nice coverage but this is where the chalkyness comes in to play, if you apply with a light hand and build up coverage I didn't notice a chalky build up. I am going to guess the chalkyness stems from the fact that the powder seems to be a finely milled pigment, which does finish out to have a silky texture once rubbed in.
The next color is another flesh tone but this one having pink undertones instead. Again same chalky texture but does blend out to a silky smooth finish if applied the right way. 
The contour color is a deep matte brown, it is a chocolate-esque brown with very nice buildable color. Just a word of advice to fairer skin tones apply very lightly and build to desired color because a little goes along way and it is very easy to over do it with this color!
Lastly the two blushes which are probably my favorite things in this palette. The blush in the top row is a very rosy matte pink, very gorgeous, very vibrant and very wearable; LOVE! The blush in the bottom row is a nice tea rose that is also a matte color. I have noticed this one does go on a lot sheerer than the other so it may take a while to build the desired pigmentation.
Retails on Coastal Scent's website for $18.95!

Now enough typing onto the photos! 

6Contour Blush Palette

Top:Translucent, Yellow undertone, Rosy Vibrant Pink Blush
Bottom: Pink undertone, Contour, Tea Rose Blush

Top-Bottom: Contour, Yellow undertone, Pink undertone
(NO FLASH)

Top-Bottom: Pink undertone, Yellow undertone, Contour
(FLASH)

R-L: Vibrant Rose Pink (1 application to achieve this color), Tea Rose Pink (2 applications to achieve this color)

No comments:

Post a Comment